During the summer, we got the story down, gave the combat gameplay a major overhaul and began the work on several new areas. We spent the fall creating new monsters, player characters, locations and testing and refining our new combat system.
Equally important, but easy to oversee was all the tools and extensions to the Unity Editor we developed. We have developed a custom tool pack for Earthlock that could be compared to RPG Maker in terms of flexibility and ease of use, but with the Unity Engine as base. This is has taken a lot of resources, but is worth the investment since we are making 3 games in the Earthlock series and it will greatly increase our production speed.
Passing March 2015, our original estimated release date, we pushed the release for the second time to Q4 2015. On top of that we just upgraded to the new Unity 5 engine. It’s always a lot of work to upgrade the game engine, but we had to in order to enable publishing for the consoles. Delaying always a balance between completing a good game and not running out of money before the game is done. We are so fortunate that we have enough funds to complete the game as long as we get it done before the end of the year. It’s still going to require that we are super efficient and work really hard to get the game ready in time for this deadline, but we are getting a really good feeling with the scope of the project now so our prediction accuracy is increasing.
We have great ambitions for Earthlock and will always try to make the best game possible with the resources we have available!
That's it for now.
– Snowcastle Team